Welcome to the Veterans Benefit Resource page. The Office of Veterans' Affairs is available to assist all eligible veterans and dependents in applying for educational benefits. A student who plans to use veteran educational benefits should contact the JCJC VA Office for individual counseling.
The following information must be provided to Jones County Junior College before certification for benefits by the VA Office:
- Complete an application for Admissions to JCJC.
- Provide official transcripts of all colleges attended.
- Select a degree objective.
- Contact the VA Office to discuss classes. (Veterans will only be certified for classes that are required for designated JCJC degree.)
- Submit DD214 (Active Duty) or a NOBE (National Guard or Reserve) from specified unit to the JCJC VA Office.
- Complete the appropriate application for benefits, (new students who have never received VA Educational Benefits before). Two options to apply are listed below:
- Apply online at the Department of Veterans' Affairs Website (VONAPP) to submit the application electronically. Then print a copy for the JCJC VA Office.
- Download and complete the paper application at the Department of Veterans Affairs Website (VONAPP). Then submit the form to the JCJC VA Office.
Click on the following link to begin the electronic or paper application process: vabenefits.vba.va.gov
A veteran may be required to pay back benefits received if he/she withdraws or drops a class. It is the student's responsibility to notify the JCJC VA Office if the following occurs:
- Student registers for classes.
- Student enrollment level increases or decreases.
- Student changes degree plan.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT MISSISSIPPI NATIONAL GUARD STATE ASSISTANCE
- SEAP - State Tuition Assistance Program
- FTA - Federal Tuition Assistance
Service member's AKO username and password is required. The deadline for submission is the start date of classes. Once the application has been sent to the Education Service Office, it will be processed for payment. When the application is received and approved, an email notification will be sent to the service members's AKO account.
Education Service Office
Education Services Office
Joint Force Headquarters
1410 Riverside Drive
Jackson, MS 39202
Phone: 1-866-403-1289 or (601) 313-6300
Fax: (601) 313-6151
- VA Website: www.va.gov
Obtain available information regarding educational benefits.
VA Toll-Free Number: 1.888.GI.BILL (1.888.442.4551)
Ms. Crystel Hinton
Veterans Affairs Certifying Official
Hutcheson-Hubbard Administration Building
900 South Court Street
Ellisville, MS 39437