A prime focus of the Jones Junior College Charles Pickering Honors Institute is to teach students to think critically and to awaken each student to a whole new world of opportunities for personal and intellectual growth.
Some of the perks of the program include:
- Class size is limited to 25 students to allow for the development of critical thinking skills and more individual participation.
- Opportunities for extra-curricular activities in each class.
- Access to Honors Institute scholarships.
- Travel, both domestic and international, during spring break or in early summer. These tours may be partially funded by the college.
- Assistance with transfer to the university level.
- Assistance in seeking additional scholarship monies upon university transfer.