Honors Institute Benefits
A prime focus of the Jones Junior College Charles Pickering Honors Institute is to teach students to think critically and to awaken each student to a new world of opportunities for person and intellectual growth.
Some of the benefitsof the program include:
- Small classes of 15-20 students which allow for the development of critical thinking skills and more individual participation.
- Opportunities for extra-curricular activities in each class.
- Advanced course registration prior to each semester.
- Access to Honors Institute scholarships.
- Travel, both domestic and international, during spring break or in early summer. These tours will be heavily funded by the college.
- Assistance with transfer to the university level
- Assistance in seeing additional scholarship monies upon university transfer.