The Quality Enhancement Plan is a five-year plan that addresses an issue that contributes to institutional improvement and focuses on student learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning while working towards the mission of the college.
The Southern Association of Colleges and School Commission on Colleges’ (SACSCOC) requires the development of a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) to coincide with decennial accreditation reaffirmation process. The QEP is a five-year institutional improvement plan that focuses on student learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning while working towards the mission of the college. An acceptable QEP should fulfill the following five criteria:
(1) Includes a process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment
(2) Focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution
(3) Demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP
(4) Includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the qep
(5) Identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
To read more about the process of developing or completing a QEP, visit the website for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at http://www.sacscoc.org.