Jones College


The Office of Veterans' Affairs is available to assist all eligible veterans and dependents in applying for educational benefits. A student who plans to use veteran educational benefits should contact the Jones College VA Office for individual counseling.

Jones College requires the following for our veterans to enroll with us:

Application for Admissions.

Transcripts of all colleges attended.

Choice of degree objective.

DD214 (Active Duty) or a NOBE (National Guard or Reserve) from specified unit sent to the Jones College Vetran Affairs Office, if available.

Contact the VA Office to discuss classes. (Veterans will only be certified for classes that are required for designated Jones College degree). 1.888.GI.BILL (1.888.442.4551)

Complete appropriate application for benefits, (new students who have never received VA Educational Benefits before). Two options to apply are listed below: 

  • Apply online at the Department of Veterans' Affairs Website (VONAPP) to submit the application electronically. Then print a copy for the JCJC VA Office.
  • Download and complete the paper application at the Department of Veterans Affairs Website (VONAPP) and submit the form to the Jones College VA Office.

To begin the electronic or paper application process visit website

A veteran may be required to pay back benefits received if he/she withdraws or drops a class. It is the student's responsibility to notify the Jones College VA Office if the following occurs:

Student registers for classes. 

Student enrollment level increases or decreases. 

Student changes degree plan


Federal Tuition Assistance - FTA

Due to recent changes with Federal Tuition Assistance, the service member is encouraged to contact his/her Education Service Office concerning FTA policies and deadlines for applying.

Education Service Office

Mississippi Education Services Office
Joint Force Headquarters
1410 Riverside Drive
Jackson, MS 39202
Phone: 1-866-403-1289 or
(601) 313-6300
Fax: (601) 313-6151
VA Website:

VA Toll-Free Number

Obtain available information regarding educational benefits.

1.888.GI.BILL (1888-442-4551)

Contact Information

Rhonda Emmons

Veterans Affairs Certifying Official

Work-Study Counselor

Office: Terrell Tisdale Library, 2nd floor

(601) 477-4063 

Tasha Peters

Student Accounts Manager

Office: Hutcheson-Hubbard Administration Building, 2nd floor

(601) 477-4013 

Ways to Contact the School Certifying Official:

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT at VA Appointment Book.
*Scheduled Appointments (phone or in office) allow for one hour of individualized, UNINTERRUPTED meeting time and assistance with all student VA needs. Therefore, unscheduled phone calls and 'drop in' office visits are not taken during scheduled appointments.

*Be sure to list your First and Last Name, Student ID in the subject line. Please give details about what you need in the body of your email. Email responses are generally processed within 24-48 hours; however, it may be longer during peak VA processing times.